Greene & Heaton is looking for a full-time administrative assistant. The role will combine support for our accounts team with general administrative support for the agents in our busy literary and media agency. The role will involve working from home until our company returns to work in our office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting our accounts team including invoicing for, and chasing and making payments to our authors
- Managing the signature process for our authors’ contracts; entering and updating those contracts and other confidential financial information on our Bradbury Phillips database
- Maintaining our digital filing system for royalty statements
- US and translation tax exemption forms
- Reversion of rights
- Permission agreements
- Subsidiary rights agreements
- Updating our review database for translation, film/TV and other rights submissions
- Chasing and updating future publication information for our authors
And other administrative tasks when we return to our office.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Ideally, you would have at least 12 months of experience working in a similar role, either for a publisher or a literary agency, or a similar employer in the creative industries
- Excellent numeracy skills; ability and confidence with MS office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook) and virtual meeting platforms (Teams, Zoom, etc.); and a willingness to learn about other software and database systems, such as Bradbury Phillips, Sage, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with especial attention to spelling, grammar and fact-checking
- Excellent time and workload management skills – ability to perform tasks efficiently and thoroughly with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work calmly and methodically under pressure and deal professionally at all times with colleagues, our authors and customers (publishers, etc.)
- A flexible, positive approach to your work, and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people in a variety of contexts
- Willingness to listen and learn and to take on responsibility
Salary: between £21K and £23K per annum, depending on experience
Start date: 4 January 2021
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the publishing and other creative industries.
We would be delighted to consider applications from candidates from outside London, but we hope the successful candidate would be willing to consider relocation to London, when we return to work in our office.
To apply, please send your application to Imogen Morrell at firstname.lastname@example.org, consisting of a letter telling us why you want to work for Greene & Heaton and your CV.
Deadline for applications: Friday 4 December; but please note that we reserve the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.