THE GREENE DOOR PROJECT
Greene Door is back! Following the success of our mentoring scheme in November last year, we are thrilled to announce that we are reopening applications from writers from under-represented backgrounds to receive a Zoom feedback session from an agent at Greene & Heaton – but this time, we’re specifically looking for crime and thriller writers.
Greene Door is committed to discovering talented writers and help increase diversity of representation in the publishing industry. This opportunity is open to unagented crime and thriller writers who are under-represented in terms of ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability or socio-economic background. We’re keen to hear from any #ownvoices writers.
- We are offering ten promising writers a Zoom session with an agent for feedback on their work, with the opportunity to ask questions about the industry and learn more about how to be successful within the crime and thriller genre.
- We are inviting writers from under-represented backgrounds to submit a covering letter, synopsis of their work and up to 5,000 words of the opening of their novel to be read by one of our agents. It is not a requirement to have a completed manuscript at the time of applying.
- Please send your applications to email@example.com. All submissions should be at least 1.5 line spaced with page numbers and clearly marked with your name and contact details on the title page. Please include ‘The Greene Door Project’ in the subject line.
- The closing date for entries is Monday 28th March 2022.
- Successful writers will be contacted by a Greene & Heaton agent by Wednesday 20th April 2022, to schedule a thirty minute feedback Zoom session in May, depending on the writer’s and agent’s availability. Feedback may consist of editorial advice, answering any questions the writer might have about the publishing industry, or general guidance for how an author may progress towards publication.
- We can only accept applications from unagented writers. We hope the feedback sessions will be valuable opportunities for writers to receive support and advice from an agent.
- We’re only looking for crime and thriller submissions at the moment – but we’ll be offering opportunities for other specific genres later in the year, as well as another mentoring scheme for all genres in the autumn. Crime and thriller subgenres can include anything from police procedural to cosy murder mysteries, from psychological thrillers to high-concept suspense, from historical detective stories to literary crime.
We look forward to reading your submission!
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: Monday 28th March 2022